Mar 26, 2011

Live sports results: Barcelona, March 2011

Marzo 19, 2011
Fútbol: Spanish League

Result: Barcelona vs Getafe (2-1)
Dani Alves scores Barça's first goal with a 25-yard screamer. Getafe scores a late goal to make the game interesting.

----------------------------------------------
Marzo 20, 2011
Wrestling: SWA - Spain. Super Wrestling Alliance, España
The Chosen defeats Bad Boy
Judas "The Chosen" Archeron with heel promoter Catalina Jorge by his side gets the 3-count against Bad Boy in an impromptu handicap match in the card's Main Event.
----------------------------------------------

Marzo 24, 2011
Baloncesto: Euroleague


Result: Game 2 - Barcelona vs Panathinaikos (71-75)
Barça squandered its commanding 16 point lead but Jaka Lakovic still had a chance to snatch the victory with a seemingly hurried pull-up triple in the closing seconds. The miss led to a run away jam to seal the come from behind victory for Panathinaikos. The series is tied at one-a-piece heading into Greece.

I watched 3 sporting events during my fortnight in Barcelona. It challenged my budget but was well worth it considering the world class reputation of the Barça teams. I ended up staying a few extra days in this gorgeous city as I'd unwittingly bought EuroLeague Basketball, Game 2 tickets, which was revealed to me when my tickets frustratingly didn't scan when I arrived for Game 1.

>> Check out my Basketball & Travel blog - 30HomeGames.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment