Jul 2, 2011

The price of freedom?: Traveling, Selfishness and Friends


My blog posts tend to either be experiential or existential. I've been leaning towards experiential posts lately as I've been wanting to contain the special moments. I've always kept daily audits of my activities but its been rewarding to embed photos and musings to solidify the memories.

Thinking existentially is unavoidable when days are spent alternating between awe, solitude, discovery, constant leisure and conversation. Its a charmed life that makes you question your current place and your life going forward. When thinking and talking about the "meaning of it all" I've discovered that we all essentially come to the same epiphanies and conclusions. The only difference is the experience that informs them - so they might as well be interesting right?

It can be quite
disheartening to find that we're all sharing the same crisis yet there is comfort in knowing we're all in this together.

Via dear friend Dear8blue:
what do you hear...
I think that I would rather recollect a life mis-spent on foolish, fragile things, than spent avoiding moral debt...

So by-the-by I am content to continue playing the fool and simply make things up as I go along... Times change and we with them...

And yet I fear that perhaps my life has become so light and free from responsibility that I might fly off the earth entirely and never return... for there is far too little tying me to the ground...

Uncle Ben once told Peter Parker that with great power, comes great responsibility....
But sometimes with great freedom, comes NO responsibility... I wonder sometimes if I could ever truly be responsible for something or someone other than myself...
This isn't the first time i've quoted Dear8lue and I have a feeling it wont be the last

No comments:

Post a Comment