Oct 26, 2011

A question answered with a quote: Latvia + Estonia edition

My compilation of quotes have traditionally been dedicated from one place, this new set is the first I've collected over two Countries since my maiden 'QAwaQ'.

The Baltic experience has been memorable for its incredible hospitality. My time in Latvia has been particularly unique in that its been entirely defined by CouchSurfing, it became a mission to make it 100% CS after completing consecutive days early on. Though CS has been a familiar theme in my travels, its still quite a novelty for me. If I had to describe Latvia in a word, I'd call it "neighbourly".

One quibble though, in the many conversations I've had about happiness we've all seemingly nominated "Ice Cream" as the analog for nirvana. In Latvia the "No eating" signs are depicted by Ice Cream being crossed out. What a bummer!

Find the collection of quotables here:
- A question answered with a quote: German + Italian edition
- A question answered with a quote: Spain edition
- A question answered with a quote: Portugal edition
- A question answered with a quote: Holland Edition
- A question answered with a quote: UK Edition
- A question answered with a quote: Lithuania Edition
- A question answered with a quote: Latvia + Estonia edition
- A question answered with a quote: England edition
- A question answered with a quote: Germany Revisited edition
- A question answered with a quote: Turkey edition
- Listen to my Podcast inspired by AQAwaQ: Lets's Get Real podcast

With that I present to you 'A question answered with a quote: Latvia + Estonia edition'

Use simple constructions

I like this moment where there is this gap of "why?" between someone

People are clever, People are good

I would say I'm in trouble

Once you get the ice cream you lose the passion for it

- Satisfaction isn't the greatest motivator
- I think "changes" are more memorable

You can forget facts but you can't forget understanding

You're illusion could be my reality

There are two sides to one truth

- We are the architects of our own lives
- You can simulate sex but you can't simulate stories

- I believe you meet everyone twice but you don't always know it
- We all have our missions

Happy people don't look at their watch

Let's see

- Without the tears of goodbye there wouldn't be the smiles of hello
- Scars decorate a man

Come on! We will remember it

There are things you can never put in frames

If it's cactus. All good

- Destiny is so rude
- You must go to the battlefield and Fight!


(after giving girl advice) When I'm in a relationship, I'm an expert.
When I'm not in one, I know nothing all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment