May 8, 2011

Road Music: Songs to be happy to (in Español)

My time in Spain was amazing. I am in Portugal now and its proving to be just as awesome.

I will wrap up my posts on Spain with a selection of "Songs to be happy to" in Español.
Fittingly just like happiness these songs have been on the radar but have proved quite elusive.

VIDEO: 'Qué mierda ser yo' by Avenue Q


Avenue Q is possibly the smartest, most feel-good live performance I've ever seen. It had a run in Madrid but due to bad timing I was unable to catch a show or even bag some cool Spanish merch. I thought I might have had a second bite of the cherry as an unexpected opportunity to return to Madrid arose, sadly it never eventuated.

Lyrics to my favourite Avenue Q song - For Now
Avenue Q - For Now (click to watch)
Don't stress,
Relax,
Let life roll off your backs
Except for death and paying taxes,
Everything in life is only for now!

Each time you smile...
It'll only last a while.

Life may be scary...
But it's only temporary
VIDEO: 'Me gustas tu' by Manu Chao


I've heard Manu Chao mentioned several times in Europe. Travellers have said his songs have formed the anthem of their time here. Locals have made plans over dinner to see him perform across the border. Apparently he's a household name internationally, I'm not sure if Australia received the memo.

- Find the entire 'Road Music' Track listings here

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! Camp Fire Sounds

    ReplyDelete